As your business grows, you may find that you need to offer content in multiple languages. Zendesk Guide makes it easy to manage translated content for your knowledge base.
With Zendesk Guide, you can create and manage articles in multiple languages from a single interface. You can also use translation features to automatically translate articles or have them translated by a professional translation service.
How to Create a Translation Strategy for Your Zendesk Guide Knowledge Base
When expanding your business into new markets, it’s important to have a well-defined translation strategy in place to ensure that your content is accurately translated and culturally relevant. Here are a few things to consider when creating a translation strategy for your Zendesk Guide knowledge base:
- Define your goals – What do you hope to achieve by translating your content? Are you looking to reach a new audience in a specific geographic region? Or are you aiming to provide multilingual support for your existing customer base? Once you’ve defined your goals, you can start to develop a plan for how best to achieve them.
- Consider your target audience – Who will be reading your translated content? It’s important to keep your target audience in mind when determining which language(s) to translate into. For example, if you’re looking to reach a Spanish-speaking audience in Latin America, it’s important to use neutral Spanish that will be understood by people in different countries.
- Choose your translation method – There are a few different ways to translate your content, each with its advantages and disadvantages. You can choose to use machine translation, which is fast and cost-effective but can produce inaccurate results. Or you can opt for human translation, which is more costly but will provide more accurate and culturally relevant results.
- Develop clear guidelines – Once you’ve decided on a translation method, it’s important to develop clear guidelines for your translators. This will help ensure that your content is translated accurately and consistently across all languages.
- Test, test, test – Always test your translated content before making it live. This will help you catch any errors or inaccuracies and make sure that your content is readable and understandable in the target language.
By following these tips, you can develop a strong translation strategy that will help you effectively reach your target audience in new markets.
The Benefits of Translating Your Zendesk Guide Knowledge Base
When you have a global customer base, it’s important to provide support in multiple languages. Translating your Zendesk Guide knowledge base is a great way to make sure that your customers can find the answers they need, no matter what language they speak.
There are several benefits to translating your knowledge base, including:
- Increased customer satisfaction: Customers are more likely to be satisfied with their support experience when they can read the content in their language.
- Higher search ranking: Search engines like Google give preference to websites that offer content in multiple languages.
- Greater reach: By translating your knowledge base, you make it accessible to a wider audience.
- Improved efficiency: When your knowledge base is available in multiple languages, your support team can more easily resolve issues without having to rely on translation services.
If you’re thinking about translating your Zendesk Guide knowledge base, we encourage you to do so.
How to Ensure Accuracy When Translating Your Zendesk Guide Knowledge Base
When translating your Zendesk Guide knowledge base, it is important to ensure that the translated content is accurate. There are a few steps you can take to help ensure accuracy:
- Use a reputable translation service.
- Have someone fluent in both the source and target languages review the translations before they are published.
- Make sure that your Zendesk Guide templates are properly configured for translation.
- Use the Zendesk Translation app to automatically translate new or updated content in your knowledge base.
By following these steps, you can help ensure that your translated content is accurate and up-to-date.
Tips for Managing Translated Content in Zendesk Guide
Assuming you would like tips for managing translated content in Zendesk Guide:
- When creating new content, always think about how it will need to be translated. Is there any potential for ambiguity? Are there any culturally specific references that may not translate well? If so, consider reworking the content to be more universally understandable.
- Make use of Zendesk’s built-in translation features. When creating a new article, you can specify which languages it should be translated into. Then, when publishing the article, Zendesk will automatically generate translated versions using machine translation. Of course, these will need to be reviewed by a human translator to ensure accuracy, but it can be a helpful starting point.
- If you have existing content that needs to be translated, there are a few different options. You can use Zendesk’s machine translation feature (as described above), or you can export the content as a file and send it to a professional translation service. Once the translated content is received, it can be imported back into Zendesk.
- Keep an eye on your translated content to ensure that it remains accurate over time. As your articles are updated, remember to also update the translated versions. And if you ever need to make a major change to an article, it’s best to start from scratch with a new translation rather than trying to patch up the old one.
Following these tips will help you to create and manage translated content effectively in Zendesk Guide. By taking the time to think about translations from the start, you can avoid potential problems down the road and ensure that your articles are accurately understood by everyone.
Creating and managing translated content for your Zendesk Guide knowledge base is easy and efficient, so you can focus on providing the best possible support to your customers.